See How to Link Your NIN with your Mobile Phone Number
Have you line been bar or block from making calls by the Nigerian Communciation Commission (NCC)? if yes, then know its because you have not link your National Identity Number (NIN) with your mobile number. However, you need not worry as once you read this post, it will assist you more and show you the steps to follow on how to link your NIN to your mobile phone number(s).
We are all aware that in Nigeria, the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) recently ask and mandated all teleco operators in the country to block all SIM cards that are not registered with the National identity Management Commision (NIMC), issuers of the National Identity Number, the NIN.
This directive had earlier been given, which means that the failure of subscribers to register with the NIMC to get their NIN and link to there mobile phone line(s) will lead to the blocking or disconnection (as currently been experience by some of you now) of the line.
The agency incharge of the NIN, the Nigerian Identity Managment Commission (NIMC) have also issue a statement that you can now link your SIM card to your NIN incase you have been bar or disconnected and you will be reconnected to your network within 24 hrs.
Many of you have been thinking about linking your NIN to your mobile phone line and dont know how to go about it. The steps are easy if you follow the directives shown here.
Here are a few steps to link your phone number with your NIN. we will show you on how to go about the various teleco in the country whihc includes MTN, Airtel, Glo, and offcourse 9mobile (etisalat).
How to Link your NIN to your Airtel mobile Number
you can link your NIN to atleast 5 of your mobile lines and Airtel number is included. This is how to link your NIN with your airtel number.
1. dail *121# on the airtel line you wish to link.
2. Type 1 for "NIN capture" and send.
3. Enter your 11 digit NIN and send.
4. Wait for a confirmation message after submission. if you get an error, please try again until you successfully submit and receive a confirmation message. your line will be link and unbar withing 48hrs.
How to Link your NIN to your 9Mobile Phone Number
9mobile linkage is also simple.
1. dail *200*8# on your 9mobile line
2. Enter your NIN and press send.
3. Wait foe feedback, confirming your submission has been successful.
How to Link your NIN to your MTN phone number
To link your NIN to your MTN, follow the steps below;
1. dial * 785# using the MTN line you wish to link.
2. Enter your NIN and submit.
3. The NIN will be link automatically.
How to Link your NIN to your Glo mobile number
To link your Glo line with your NIN,
1. simply dial *109#
2. input your NIN and press send
3. your line will be link in 48hrs and you will be reconnected to the network again.
Also, The NIMC said, for those already enrolled in the NIMC scheme but have lost their NIN should dial * 346# to retrieve their NIN. This USSD code is available on MTN, Airtel, Glo and 9mobile.
Finally, be rest assured that once you follow this steps outline above to link your NIN with your various phone numbers, it will take 24hrs before the lines will be unbar or reconnected to the telecos network.
Hope you enjoy this Post? Please share using any of the social media handles below. Someone might find it useful.