How to transfer WhatsApp chat history from Android to iphone
The Good news is here and WhatsApp has finally launched the chat migration tool that allows all Android users to transfer their chat history to iphone. The move follows a limited beta test that made the Android-to-iOS chat history move possible and comes about a year after WhatsApp released the iphone-to-Android chat migration tool.
This will definitely sound interesting to all but certain conditions still apply and Android users upgrading to iphone need to ensure their devices meet the requirements. Also, they have to follow the tutorial that WhatsApp provides closely.
See why this feature is important.
WhatsApp is one of the top chat applications available on iphone and Android. It comes with end-to-end encryption for messaging and calls and supports modern chat features, like imessage and other similar tools. It also works across various platforms, allowing iphone and Android users to text and talk to each other using a feature-rich instant messaging system.
whatsApp confirmed on Thursday that the chat migration too is available to all Android users looking to move to iphone. whatsApp also lets users transfer full chat history from iOS to Android.
Nevertheless, in order to enjoy this feature, you must meet certain requirement before the transfer can be done successfully.
See some System Requirements below
WhatApp also published a support document that explains how to transfer chats from Android to iphone. Before you consider migrating the chat history, you should ensure meet the requirements stated here;
- Android OS Lollipop or Android 5 or above installed on your Android device.
- iOS 15.5 or above installed on your iphone
- WhatsApp iOS version 184.108.40.206 or above installed on your new device
- Use the same phone number as your old phone number on your new device
- Your iPhone must be factory new or reset to factory setting to pair with the move to iOS app and move data from your Android phone
- Both of your devices must be connected to a power source
- Both of your devices need to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network or you will need to connect your Android device to your iPhone’s hotspot.
UNBELIEVEABLE! See a Village where only Women lives and Reside
If you meet the conditions above, you are ready to move your data from Android to iPhone. The WhatsApp chat history transfer will be part of that data and you will be using Apple’s Move to iOS app to upgrade from Android to iPhone and move the entire WhatsApp chat history in the Process.
Here is how to perform the transfer of your WhatsApp chat History from Android to iPhone.
- Open the move to iOS app on your Android phone and follow the on-screen prompts.
- A code will be displayed on your iPhone. When prompted, enter the code on your Android phone.
- Tap continue and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Select WhatsApp on the transfer data screen.
- Tap START on your Android phone, and wait for WhatsApp to prepare the data for export. You will be signed out from your Android phone once data is prepared.
- Tap next to return to the Move to IOS app.
- Tap CONTINUE to transfer the data from your Android phone to your iPhone and wait for Move to IOS to confirm the transfer is complete.
- Install the latest version of WhatsApp from the App Store.
- Open WhatsApp and log in using the same phone number used on your old device.
- Tap Start when prompted, and allow the process to complete.
- Finish activating your new device and you will see your chats waiting for you.
Lastly WhatsApp also notes that peer payment messages and WhatApp call history won’t move to iPhone. Moreover, the WhatsApp data won’t back up to the cloud until you create an iCloud backup.
whatsApp Finally lets you transfer your full chat history from Android to iPhone.